Careers at Clinical Physio
Our daily mission is to be better physio’s and better people tomorrow than we were today. If you share this desire and want the best place for you to learn and grow, then you are in the right place.
Learning and knowledge advancement is deeply embedded into our culture and our daily routines.
Our structured ongoing learning involves:
- 1 Hour in-services EVERY Tuesday.
- Our “Whiteboard of Knowledge” where new research (or reminders of golden oldies) is posted each week.
- Weekly 1 Hour mentoring/clinical reasoning session with Principal Physiotherapist and Educator, Andrew Clark
- Annual Education Retreat held at the Pullman Resort, Magenta Shores.
- Tickets and accomodation for the annual APA Conference. Next conference is to be held in Brisbane in October 2023.
Annual Learning Retreats
Once a year the entire team get together for 4 days for a balanced combination of learning and relaxation. Each physio delivers 2 hours’ of information/practical on a topic of their choosing, referenced with high-quality research papers. The 5-star Pullman Magenta Shores Resort (https://www.pullmanmagentashores.com.au) has become a popular destination and is now locked in as our permanent retreat location.
Our number 1 Key Performance Indicator (KPI) is patient outcome based, NOT revenue or appointment number based.
Our learning culture is like no other. We spend our days talking about how to help our patients get better, not how many appointments we’ve had or how much money we’re making. This philosophy means it’s a low-pressure work environment where everyone, including our patients, are on the same page.
What does a typical week look like?
- 1 Hour Initial Appointments
- 40 Min follow-ups
- Maximum 40 appointments per week
- 20% of your week is set aside for admin tasks, research and downtime.
- 1 Hour EVERY Tuesday for lunch and inservice. Each Team member presents 2 hours’ worth of up-to-date content/practical, across 2 weeks, twice a year.
- 40 Min communal afternoon teas Mon-Fri.
- Kitchenette with fridge, toaster, sandwich press, kettle and barista-style coffee machine and grinder. Pablo & Rusty’s house-blend beans are delivered fortnightly.
- Private bathroom and laundry
- Full commercial-grade gym with squat rack, smith machine, leg press, leg curl/extension, dumbbell rack 5-30kg, olympic weights, treadmill, bike, water rower and Nordbord hamstring testing system.
- Brand-new pilates studio overlooking Garigal National Park.
- 6 treatment areas including 3 private/closed rooms and 3 curtained rooms.
3.3 million Australians suffer from persistent pain yet only 1% receive the appropriate care.
We’re trying to change that by reducing the need for, and referrals for pain-killers, injections and surgical interventions.
Our longer consults (1 Hour Initials and 40min follow ups) and no-nonsense, active approach is helping as achieve that every day.
It shocks us that still to this day, with all the access we have to the latest research, that patients still come to us commonly without a diagnosis after years of treatment and reporting previous treatments of ultrasound, interferential, regular cortisone injections or weekly “adjustments”.
We firmly believe can change all this, 1 patient at a time.
Clinical Physio Jobs
2024 – Full-time Physiotherapist and Pilates Instructor to manage 6-8 Clinical Rehab Pilates classes per week in our brand new pilates studio. Minimum 2-3 years experience required OR exceptional new graduate with previous Pilates experience. Salary from 90k-150k including super, depending on level of experience. Please email CV to email@example.com.